How to Oil Paint Like the Old Masters – Explained With Easy To Follow Demonstrations
It’s confusing -yes!
How do I begin? What Medium do I use? What Brush Do I use? How am I going to learn it all?
Are these some questions you ask yourself when you’re making an oil painting, or when you studying, practicing and trying to learn to oil paint?
We’ve all been there. Oh sure, you may have taken some classes, but that was more like a social gathering where you get together in a group and the teacher comes around and does the ol…
“Tell you what you’re doing wrong” system of teaching
You know…they point to your work and say “that’s too dark” or “that’s too green”
What about giving you a formula, a complete system you can easily learn and follow for every painting you make…no matter what subject matter you are painting?
Step 1 – do this
Step 2 – do this
And so forth.
Well, I’ve gone through that “tell you what you’re doing wrong” teaching. You know what…I know firsthand that it doesn’t work. It’s very expensive that’s for sure…but it doesn’t work!
If you want to know the secrets of the procedures of the masters…their techniques, their supplies, all their secrets… given to you on a silver platter in video demonstration form, this is what you have been waiting for.
A video training series called…“Oil Painting Formula”
This is a 7 Part Video Series that will cover every step of oil painting from choosing, preparing and using your materials through the entire painting process.
In essence, it breaks down all the steps into a formula for you to follow.
I’ve been teaching oil painting online for about 10 years and privately before that at $180 per hour.
Did you see the short video trailer at the top of this page?…it shows you clips that are taken right from the training package so you can see what’s in store for you and hopefully get you excited about what you’re about to discover.
I am the one painting in the videos so you can see some of the work I do.Let me also just show you some small photos of paintings I have done.
Here is What You Will Learn
Oil Painting Formula – Materials
- 1) Preparing your canvas: You will learn every step of preparing raw canvas. You will also learn how to use already pre-stretched canvas, but you will see demonstrations of a few simple things to do to the canvas so you can get the surface quality of the old masters.
- 2) Your palette: You will see how to properly prepare a palette as far as preparing it to paint with. If you don’t do this, your canvas will be fighting you all the way and making it harder for your to paint the way you want to. You will see how I use my palettes
- 3) Colors: You will get the ultimate training in your colors from choosing your paint and color to learning how to make your own paint (much easier than you think). You will learn what colors you need, how to use them to mix any color you want and where in your paintings those colors will be used.This is a mini course by itself.
- 4) Mediums: Need I discuss how important and confusing a topic this is?You’ll watch me discuss all the major components that can be added to your mixed painting medium. You’ll see how I demonstrate how different mediums will have different effects on your paint.
- 5) Brushes / painting knifes I’ll go over brushes, which ones you need, which ones I use and why how to choose yours, use em, and clean em.
Oil Painting Formula – Process
- 1) Placement
I will go over the very simple ways to get your placements the way you want them
- 2) Drawing
You will see a few different types of “drawings” that can be used, yet they are all part of the drawing stage of the oil painting formula
- 3) Underpainting
You will see various ways of making your underpainting. There is not just 1 way. Learn variations, all in a step by step manner – but all part of the Underpainting stage of the oil painting formula
- 4) Veiling, glazes, half-pastes
This is where the color really begins to take off. Many people have such a hard time with this part. They get an underpainting done, but don’t know what comes next.
How do you add your colors or overlayers over your dried underpainting? Now, you will see it demonstrated for you.
- 5) Accents and more solid painting
This is where it can get really fun and your style comes out. This stage of the oil painting formula really starts making all the work you have done up to this point, all the layers play their own role in the painting.
- 6) Learn how to repeat the last 3 stages over and over again if you like…
Ever heard about the layers and layers of glazes and veilings the old masters used?
This is all about that. How you can work on your painting over and over again
- 7) Learn when to paint those little parts of your paintings that people tend to look at first.
- 8) Final glazes
How to Order
2 Versions Available.
This 7 disc set – with over 10 hours of my easy to understand instruction will be shipped out in about 5 business days right to your door.
The online version – where you get your password and log in and then point and click the video that you want to watch.
We accept Credit Cards and Paypal (paypal name will be Littleb)
If you have any questions or problems you can use the contact form